I offer an initial free, no obligation meeting at a mutually convenient time and place or via Skype for those conscious of their carbon footprint or working abroad.
Birth Support Package:
- Personalised in depth antenatal birth preparation at your home, including assistance documenting your ‘Birth Preferences’ for your care providers.
- Private one to one session at your home with a Milk Matters International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC). Tailored to your specific requirements, this one and a half hour visit with one of the UK’s best known and highly respected amd qualified breastfeeding specialists, will give the lowdown on breastfeeding. From how to avoid common ‘booby traps’ for first time mums or a debrief of previous breastfeeding experiences this session will proactively ensure you get off to the best possible start.
- Option to meet with your named midwife in advance or accompany you to appointments.
- Free loan of any books from my extensive personal library and/or one of my ‘La Bassine’ Birth Pools* – You only need to buy a liner which I will provide
- I will be on call for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week between 38 and 42 weeks. Should your baby decide to arrive outside of these dates, I will do my very best to still be with you for their birth.
- I will be your support, reassurance and constant companion during labour and birth and will help ensure your wishes are communicated to those attending you and births preferences are respected. I will remain with you until you feel settled and are happy for me to leave you and your new family.
- Postnatal visit with the option of a ‘Labour & Birth Debrief Meeting’ once you have had time to enjoy your new addition and reflect on your experience.
- Unlimited telephone, email & Skype support from booking until 6 weeks after your baby is born.
See here for a more detailed breakdown of my birth support.
I prefer to limit the births I attend to allow me to give you my full commitment, attention and to allow me to always be ready to give of myself 100% at all times and I am fortunate to be booking quite some time in advance. However, if you would like to book my services and I am already committed I may be able to support you on a ‘shared care’ basis. This effectively gives you two doulas for one fee and means that in the unlikely event that you labour at the same time as another client, you would have the support of a doula who you know and have built up a relationship with. I only work with Doula UK registered doulas who share my philosophies and whom I feel 100% confident in sharing your care with.
As babies generally decide their own birth days my availability may change to allow me to take on a birth at quite short notice so please always feel free to get in touch to confirm availability.
The cost of a typical Birth Support Package is on a sliding scale between £675-£875 depending on your exact requirements and budget.*
Packages can be tailored to meet your specific needs or budget and I accept payment in instalments. Please don’t be afraid to ask as I will always try to accommodate your particular requirements outside of my typical package should you require a more in depth or simplified specification.
Please note that in cases of genuine hardship, I have access to the Doula Access Fund which ensures no woman is excluded from having doula support on financial grounds alone. All women deserve a doula.
Positive Birth Preparation Workshops
These ‘stand alone’ workshops are for those wanting to feel confident and informed as they approach their birth without actually hiring a birth doula. We cover everything from birth physiology, writing your birth preferences, optimal positioning for an easy birth and breathing techniques to orgasmic birth and placenta encapsulation! Leave feeling informed, empowered and excited about giving birth! Get in touch for more details.
Blessingway & Baby Shower Planning
Would you like to have a special gathering of friends & family prior to the arrival of your little one? A baby shower or ‘Blessingway’ is a wonderful way to surround yourself with the most important women in your life and draw on their positive energy to set you up for the journey to motherhood. Whether you want fun or spiritual, I am able to coordinate with your friends and family to create a personally tailored event with exactly the right energy and occasion for you and lots of amazing surprises and personal touches.
This service is offered to my doula clients or completely independently. Get in touch for costs.
Placenta Encapsulation & Tinctures
I am happy to help clients arrange to harness the amazing benefits of their placenta by encapsulation or in a tincture. Get in touch for further details.
The Gift of Support
- Contact Lisa for more details on vouchers for private Positive Birth Preparation Workshops, Birth Support and Postnatal Services for a totally unique gift.
*pool hire requires a fully refundable deposit. Mileage is charged at 45p per return mile for distances over 5 miles.